Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, October 02, 2006

All Bets Are Off

Our son has always had a "No Fear" attitude.

As soon as we discovered this characteristic, MFH and I jokingly made bets as to when we would make our first trip to the ER for a broken bone. I chose age 2 and MFH chose age 3. We made it through both of those years injury free.

I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood here.

Seeing The Boy completely horizontal with the ground and perpendicular with the top of the swingset while on that glider in the pic below made us nervous. He is a daring little soul. When I asked him how he came up with the idea to ride the glider this way, he said "I just made it up."

I would never forbid him to do it, because we all know what happens when parents do that.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger DD said…

    I think if my son had half the adventurous soul yours did, I'd be a nervous wreck. I'm probably a little overprotective b/c my kid has the natural grace of a headless chicken.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home