Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Anything Goes

in Vegas. But, honestly, do tube tops look good on everyone?

I've mentioned how I love fashionable footwear. Specifically stiletto heeled fashionable footwear, which I wear almost daily. Hell, I can run in most of them. In the snow. Apparently that is a tad bit different than strolling along the strip for miles and miles. Fortunately, when I was packing I had this nagging memory of sore feet in Disneyworld several years ago, and took along a pair of suede soled 4.5 inch wedges (practical shoes) which were worth their price many, many times over.

We stayed at the Excalibur. The Boy LOVES knights and castles and everything medieval, so it was bittersweet that he was not there because he would have truly enjoyed it.

MFH gambled at the tables, with little luck. I am not a gambler, but thoroughly enjoyed the penny slots, and we ended up breaking even because of those machines. It was a source of entertainment and free drinks during the heat of the day.

Good restaurants abound in Vegas and we took full advantage of that. Now, understand that we are simple folks and good restaurants are those that are not available to us here in Montana - like the Hard Rock, Harley Davidson Cafe, Hooters (great wings and those girls can definitely sport a tube top!) and Margaritaville. Yummy, all of it.

Coyote Ugly has a dress code for men. Their shirts must have sleeves. WTF? The women can be practically naked, but the men can't wear sleeveless shirts?

Funny shirt I saw on Fremont Street - a woman's tank that said "It's not going to lick itself!"

We had a great time. Time alone reconnecting, partying not quite as hard as before we had The Boy but NO hangover, and we even had morning sex! I know! That never happens!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger DD said…

    No sleeveless shirts on men because not even George Clooney could make that sexy. And only a gay man can make a tank-top look good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home