Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Family Feud

MFH and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary next week. In Vegas. It's supposed to be like 108 degrees. I wonder how that feels? WHO CARES!

This is a big damn deal. I don't relish leaving The Boy for a few hours let alone days. 4 days to be exact. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get a few of those Raspberry Gimlets in my system.

The Boy's grandparents live about 35 miles apart. We left him with the in-laws in January when we attended the Ice Fishing Derby in North Dakota (Yeah, it was as much fun as it sounds. Actually, I had a blast. The ladies invited me to lunch and the Vet's Club after for drinks. Those gals know how to PARTY!!!). Anyway, we decided this time that he'll stay with my mom. She is in seventh heaven about it. She and The Boy share a special bond that is really lovely to witness.

My MIL's response? "Well, we're just happy to spend as much time with him as we do."

Okay, I love my in-laws. Really. They are awesome people. I would never deliberately hurt them in any way. But fair is fair. My mother quite possibly would have disowned me if I hadn't offered The Boy to her this time.

We suggested that maybe they could get together for lunch or an outing. I hope they don't get into a tug of war with my child. As much as I hate leaving him, I hate the thought of not being able to leave him as well!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Does it even get above 50 degrees where you are?

    Oh, just kidding. I'm sure you see at least a blazin' 70 in the heat of summer!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    I'm sure your in-laws understand that they have to share their grandchild and that it's only fair that your mom get to spend time with him in this instance. Try not to worry about it too much and have a wonderful trip! I'm sure it will be hot but it's better than being at work, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home