Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day Weekend

MFH doesn't do anything in a small way. He gets a whole birthday month, not just one day, so why wouldn't he get the whole weekend for Father's Day?

Saturday morning MFH and The Boy were out bright and early to go drown a worm. The Boy caught a nice Rainbow Trout (1.3 pounds) on his first cast, and the only catch of the day. MFH thinks The Boy had a few more bites, but at 4 his mind wanders a bit and he may not have noticed that tugging at his line. Anyway, for all you catch and release fans, his mouth was injured and they brought him on home for pictures. We ate him last night because we are not wasteful with God's creatures, and it was yummy.

On Saturday afternoon we went to that new movie about the animated cars. Delightful. That is all I can say. If you haven't seen it, go. In true Pixar fashion, there is some great adult humor and good one liners throughout the movie.

MFH's parents came for barbeque yesterday. It was a beautiful blue sky day with warm temperatures, cold drinks, and great food. I couldn't love my father-in-law more, and it was wonderful to spend the day with grandfather, father, and son.

(((I miss you, dad.)))

For Father's Day, The Boy got daddy new boat seats. The Boy had a fabulous day playing in the big boxes. Yes, I know. The kid has six million toys, and he plays in boxes. What can I say. Our mistake is in having never simply wrapped up an empty box for him. I can't wait for Christmas.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    We like to fish in the ocean, and we eat what we catch, too! Yummy. I'm glad you guys had such a relaxing good weekend. Isn't it funny how the kids like to play in boxes. The best thing is a box fort!!!!

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger hotdrwife said…

    My kid has grown ever-so attached to a box I was about to throw out.

    I will put endless amount of dollar store crap in a box and he can have all of that for Christmas!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home