Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, June 09, 2006

You Know You're a Redneck When......

MFH digs old vehicles. With the exception of my Yukon, the newest thing we own is his 1982 Chevy truck. He's a wrench by trade, with the reputation of McGuyver, so I've never worried about getting where we're going.

We have a motorhome. It's a 1979 Field and Stream. It's pretty small inside, but suits our little family well for now. We don't take it on long excursions, mostly weekends at the lake. I spent a lot of time in a previous life in tents, and this is like a frickin' 5 star hotel compared to that.

The other night I was downstairs doing laundry when The Boy came down and asked if we could go on a walk. "Well actually, I will ride my bike and you walk, mom." I happily complied because it was the only night this week that a thunderstorm didn't come rolling in just as I was leaving work.

I go outside and MFH and The Boy are sitting in lawn chairs on the side of the motorhome enjoying beverages and snacks. After we returned home from our walk/ride, The Boy got me a chair and I joined them.

Yep. All we need is one of those new fangled copper fire pits and we'd never have to leave the driveway.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger DD said…

    As long as The Boy isn't holding a "20" or sipping out of a paper bag, you still have class.

    However, you might want to ask MFH to put on a *clean* wifebeater.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home