Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, May 29, 2006

The Most Relaxing Memorial Day Weekend Ever

Kickoff to summer, my ass.

It rained and snowed for almost 72 hours, and never topped 50 degrees all weekend. We had tentatively planned to go camping and fishing at the lake. Just so you don't think I am a prima donna wimp, I have camped in the rain many, many times in much less protection than the old, small motorhome we now own provides. It's one thing to go camping and have the weather go south on you. It's another thing to go out in the bad weather and know there's little chance it will improve. No thanks.

The last I don't know how many Memorial Day weekends have been planned for us with deaths in the family, family reunions, or other family obligations. This is the first in a long time that we were able to do what we wanted. Or at least not do what we didn't want to do.

And we did nothing.

Well, not nothing. We shopped a lot cause, you know, that's inside. We have an awesome dinosaur museum and planetarium that has just opened a new reptile exhibit and we spent a few hours there. And we rented movies for the first time in probably a year or more. I had never seen King Kong, not even the original. And, while it was a little longish, I enjoyed it. I didn't know it was a love story, and it even made me cry. I'm a sap that way.

The three day weekend is coming to an end, and so is the rainy weather.

Doesn't that just figure?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    78 and sunny in San Diego! We went to the pool today...Beautiful. Too bad about your snow! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home