Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sunshine On My Shoulders.....

The weather is just beautiful up here in my neck of the US. It is supposed to be 87 degrees today with full sun. Kind of hot for May, but later in the week the afternoon thunderstorms that are consistent with springtime in the Rockies will come rolling in. For now, I am loving this heat and the clear blue sky.

I was raised in a time when nobody wore sunscreen. I don't even know if there was such a thing. The girls of my generation smeared baby oil and cocoa butter on themselves trying to attract the rays of the sun. I didn't suntan back then, but began to be a worshipper in my 20's. I was a teacher and had nothing better to do than sit in the sun and read all summer long. Now I use a tanning bed to achieve my golden color. I go twice a week in the spring and then back off to once a week in the summer. I don't tan at all after summer is over, until spring rolls around again.

Next Tuesday I am having a biopsy.

Yeah.

If anyone knows of a proven, really good self tanning product please pass it on to me. Or let me know how you like that spray on tan that lasts about four weeks. I'm open to either.

In case you are wondering, The Boy is a sunscreen fanatic. He is a very fair skinned Guatemalan, so we do slather him up. If I forget? He'll remind me. Over and over again.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger DD said…

    X remembers his as well due to the one little spot I missed on him when he was just 2 1/2 that gave him a horrible 2nd degree burn just above his diaper.

    It's my husband I worry about. He's got that ivory (pasty) skin that burns when exposed to anything brighter than a match. he never uses sunscreen, even though he keeps it with him. I hope I never have to say I told you so.

    I hope the biopsy comes back negative.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home