Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mudder's Day, Mommy

The "secret surprise for Valentine's Day" turned out to be a picture of my son's smiling face outlined in glitter (that Miss Sherrie did) in the middle of a flower that he colored and cut out. It is glued to a clothes pin with a magnet on the back. Ta Da! A memo holder for the refrigerator. I love this kind of stuff. I'll keep it forever and remember how proud he was to give it to me.

TB - "Mommy, did you get me a present for Valentine's Day?"

Me - "Son, it's Mother's Day, not Valentine's Day."

TB - "Oh. Did you get me a present for Mudder's Day then?"

You can't blame the kid for trying.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny.

    When I was a kid I used to ask my mom why there wasn't a kid's day. She used to tell me "every day is kids day". It used to annoy the heck out of me. Now I definitely get what she meant.

     
  • At 4:41 AM, Blogger Kim Strahan said…

    Hey that is one smart kiddo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home