Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Rock Star Hair

I said I wasn't going to, but I did. I watched American Idol last night. I don't care who wins, but there was nothing else on to watch. At the end Daniel Powter was on singing his hit "Had a Bad Day". The Boy loves this song, so he stopped what he was doing to watch.

I love the piano and have always wanted to play it. I can't read music. I've tried. All those notes just swim around on the page and make no sense to me. Naturally I will make - er, encourage - the boy to learn to play.

"Do you want to learn to play the piano?"

"No," says The Boy. "I want to play the drums."

Actually that's okay, too. I love drums and I figure if he can learn to read music, he can learn to play many instruments.

When I dropped The Boy off at school today, one teacher told me that yesterday when The Boy woke up from his nap, he had what she called "Rock Star Hair". Apparently it was all stuck up like a mohawk. The boy has long, curly hair that hangs down to the middle of his back when it's wet.

A drummer with long hair. We may be able to bring back the 80's hair bands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home