Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Molly Manhands

We are hiring at work. For some reason, we are always hiring. I think it's the leadership, or as Holly says, the lack thereof. I am fond of saying that we hire good people and make bad employees out of them. Sad but true. I've been here forever, but I am a bitch and everyone leaves me alone. Nobody else seems to stick around for long. But, I digress.

The other day an interviewee was at the front counter. I didn't know she was here to interview. She was beautiful and about 6 feet tall. With VERY full lips. Like Goldie Hahn in The First Wives Club. Remember? Only interviewee could talk without mumbling.

I was going about my business, when interviewee says to me "Do you work here?" Ummm, why yes, yes I do. That's why they let me go behind the counter and play with the money in the cash register. "Hi. I'm Molly." Hi, Molly, it's nice to meet you. "It's nice to meet you, too," she says, thrusting her hand forward.

Holy Moly, Molly! It was like shaking hands with my husband. I don't have anything against big hands, it just took me by surprise. I mean they were BIG. Manhands.

After she went upstairs to interview, Holly said, "Did you notice she didn't have a butt?" We giggled and gossiped, cause that's what we do. Snarky bitches.

I think I may have just discovered the reason we have a hard time keeping employees.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Maybe she was a he/she. You never know. They live in Montana, too...right??? Some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen have turned out to be men. The collagen lips may have been a further attempt to girlify herself...you knever know, you snarky biznitches!;-)

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    You snarky biznitch, you!

    Heh. My sister dated a guy named Jim. He is now Jamie. And a SHE. My sister broke up with her when she realized she just didn't have it in her to be a lesbian. She was tired of always having to assure Jamie that, no, his/her bum didn't look fat in those jeans...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home