Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Salute!

to all single mothers.....

MFH left last night to go on his Annual Crappie Fishing Trip with his father. (That would be like 'crop' not 'crap' because crap just wouldn't be right, now would it? Who would want to go fishing for crap???) I'm so glad he does things like this with his dad, because what great memories, right? Plus, he realizes just how important it is to foster this relationship between father and son, and he'll continue the tradition with his own son one day.

Single motherhood is hard, even for just a few days. This morning was a zoo! The boy has to have a bath every morning because little sweaty boy scent can be compared to that of a wet dog. Add sunscreen and sandbox to the mix, and then his hair? Well, that beautiful head of hair just isn't the same after a day of sweating and a night of tossing and turning. Usually MFH does the bathing while I am getting lunches and making beds, but this morning I had to juggle it all. We managed, but we were about one half hour behind schedule when we finally got out of the house. Whew!

On top of that, I'm tired. It's a real treat for The Boy to sleep with me when MFH is gone. A treat for him, not necessarily for me. I didn't sleep well at all. He is a restless little guy. And he stares at me. It's creepy, really. I'll pretend to sleep so he'll go to sleep and when I peek? He's staring at me. Scary shit.

He's a pretty easy kid, he's just busy. I really hope not to be too cranky by the time MFH gets home Sunday night. I mean, it would be bad to lock myself up in the bathroom with a box of wine, wouldn't it? Wouldn't it?

This is totally unrelated to motherhood, but I got the pathology report back on the mole that was removed. It is classified as Dysplastic Nevi. Who comes up with all this fancy schmancy terminology? Anyway, it is of moderate irregularites but benign. I will go back every six months for check ups. Good news, that.

And remember Molly Manhands? She is coming in for a second interview. Yeah, we're speedy that way. I will be checking for an Adam's Apple.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Oh good. I thought the littleboystaringwhentheyaresupposedtobesleeping thing was just related to my kid.

    When X was just a baby I found a whole new respect for single mothers. I salute them all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home