Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Mullet Family

Today dd wrote a post that related to 80's fashion and a fabulous fringed leather jacket that she parted with this past weekend. She inspired today's 80's post here at Stiletto.

Ah, the mullet. Remember the mullet?

I love long hair on a man. I especially love long hair on my men. MFH used to have beautiful thick hair. Now? Not so much. It's thinning and kind of sliding back on the top of his head. Because of this, the mullet is the hairstyle that makes the most sense for him. That way he can keep it short on top where it's thin and long in the back the way I like it. I also have to mention that MFH is 6'4" tall, and has a long face that goes quite nicely with his long body, but is not conducive to a short hair style.

The Boy has a wonderful head of hair. It's a nice shade of brown with lots of curls. I can't bear to cut the curls down his back, so I don't. The mullet is perfect for him, too, because his hair gets all curly and wild around his face if we don't keep it trimmed.

Okay, I know you're snickering and picturing those wild permed and/or Joe Dirt mullets on guys that wear wife beater tank tops and live in trailer parks down south. (No offense if you know or are in any way related to one of those guys.) My men don't look like that. My men wear their hair styled. We don't spike it all up or anything like that.

Imagine our surprise when we found out the former resident hockey team referred to us as "The Mullet Family". HP was afraid to mention it because he thought it would hurt our feelings. We are made of steel at the Mullet Household. You can't be a wimp and pull off wearing a mullet in Montana in 2006!

For the record, I did a little google search on the mullet prior to writing this post. In the United States the mullet is particularly associated with fans of heavy metal music and ice hockey players.

'Nuff said.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now you're going to have to share some pictures of this amazing "mullet-that-shall-be-known-as-nothing-but-cool" as I haven't seen one of those since...oh, about 20 years. To keep anonymous, just take a pix from the back. We'll get the idea.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Say it isn't so!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home