Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, June 05, 2006

We Survived!

and I wasn't doing tap hits on the box of wine until late Sunday afternoon.

In fact, The Boy was an angel.....until dad came home. Go figure. MFH wanted to leave again but oh no you don't! You just sit your ass down and enjoy your son that you haven't seen in three days!

The Boy and I had so much fun over the weekend that he fell asleep last night at 7:00 and woke up this morning at 6:30. Of course, with all that staring-instead-of-sleeping that was going on probably all night, he had to poop out at some point. We are transitioning out of naps, too, so he didn't get to rejuvinate himself during the day.

I took the boy to the park yesterday. It isn't far and we always walk with the wagon. Well, I walk and he rides. I filled one of those go cups with ice and white wine for the trek. The Boy's wagon is a deluxe version with cup holders. I foresee the day when he's hauling me around in it. Naturally I didn't tell him the cup had wine in it because that just isn't the sort of thing the 4 year old needs to know. But about halfway to the park he says, "Mom, the wine is spilling on me!" I said, "What?" and he repeated it. I said, "Oh I'm sorry! Wait, what makes you think that's wine!!!!"

How terrible am I? The Boy just assumes I have wine in my cup.

I wonder if that's what he thinks I take to work every morning?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home