Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

The 4th and The 15th

We are off for the 4th of July holiday and our trip to Vegas. MFH's parents live in the little town his family homesteaded in, and we have a family reunion of sorts every year at their house. Our contribution is the fireworks, and he outdid himself this year. I hope to have nice weather - the little town canceled the 4th one year due to rain, which left us wondering just exactly how you cancel an entire day. Ah, small town Montana.

On July 6 we will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We were married in an outside ceremony in a part of our state that is notorious for rain, but the sun shined on us in all it's glory that afternoon. We danced our wedding dance to Motley Crue's 'Without You' not only because we are 80's music whores or because Motley Crue is one of the best bands ever, but because there is nothing prettier than a metal ballad.

Now, 15 years later, I can honestly say I would do it all over again. I married my soulmate and best friend, and it just doesn't get any better than that.

Now, roll them bones, baby! Mama needs a new pair of shoes!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger DD said…

    I hope you enjoy your trip and it's an ideal anniversary vacation...wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger hotdrwife said…

    Happy belated anniversary! We're coming up on 5 and I thought THAT was something, ha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home