Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

More than I want to know

My supervisor is in a bad relationship.

They have been together three years. She desperately wants to be married and have children. He says things have to be "perfect" before that will happen.

She confides in me alot. It makes me uncomfortable, but I realize she probably doesn't have anyone else to talk to. She has a lot of friends, but they know her outside of work and I'm guessing she doesn't want them to know, even though they probably do know.

So, I listen to her.

He is needy. He is verbally and mentally abusive. He isn't physical that I can see.

When she came in today I could tell that she had been crying.

She recently asked me, "How do you know when enough is enough?"

I said, "I can't answer that question for you."

But just the fact that she asked it gives me hope that she is close to realizing it for herself.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Away2me (Deanna) said…

    That's a tough position for you to be in. It's one thing to have that type of conversation with a co-worker, but with a supervisor? Yuck.

    I hope she finds the strength to get out!

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Sheesh, I was in that position, staying for all the wrong reasons. I dumped it in my blog. Perhaps you should suggest she blog. heh

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been in that "listener" situation once. It was difficult. I hope things go well for her.

    As for the kitten post -- ADORABLE. Getting that sort of attention from the furries is always nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home