Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Grader

It was the first day of First Grade.

There was no "come see your classroom and meet the teacher" like in kindergarten (although I found out afterward that we could have dropped in yesterday). As a result, The Boy did not want to ride the bus today like the first day of kindergarten, but instead wanted me to drive him. He was worried about where to line up when the bell rang, and even though he was at the same school last year, he didn't know where his new teacher's room was. He had too many supplies to carry anyway.

So I drove him. We found the line for his class and went inside when the bell rang. He found his desk, I dropped his things off, and I left.

And I cried.

Time is going by too quickly.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Awwww! He looks too cute!

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    Aw, made me smile!

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Away2me (Deanna) said…

    I would have cried too. I cant imagine first grade for my little boy. I know I won't be ready. He looks adorable! What a fantastic smile.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so adorable! And soooo sad. They grow waaaaay too fast.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home