Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Are you my mother?

I love my kittens.

I was hoping they would bond with me like Boots did. Itty was very elusive and didn't seek much human contact. In fact, he was just ornery (interpret: mean). He came around only if he was hungry or needed an arm to use as a chew toy.

Miss Kitty (GiGi) and Stinky are very personable. I have never had a female animal before, and I must say that GiGi is about as sweet as sweet can be. She is my lap cat.

When Boots disappeared, I feared I would never again have a bed buddy. Boots slept on my pillow with me. Itty was nowhere near the bed, preferring to sleep on the dog's bed.

I hit the jackpot with these two. GiGi sleeps curled up near or across my neck and Stinky sleeps wrapped around the top of my head. Throughout the night he will wake me by sucking on my hair in just this one spot. Every night.

He was three months old when we adopted him, so I'm not sure what that's all about, except they never did separate the babies from their mother. Perhaps she was still nursing?

Imagine how frustrated he must be!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    I am SO excited that the new babies are doing well. It sounds like they probably get along with each other, too.

    I guess the standard sucking suggestion would be that the cat was weaned too soon, but that can't be the case if he stayed with his mother 3 months! My cats vary about sleeping on my bed, but they all rotate through. It's cool mine all get along so well now. You've got it good, too. Harmony over discord. Do the hockey players like your pets?

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    My little kitty imprinted on me, too. She was MUCH younger. It was too early for her to be away from her mommy. So I guess I became her mommy. She imprinted so much that she actually pees in the toilet. I never taught her to do so, she just followed me around so much that she learned thats where I do it, so I guess she thought that she'd give it a shot. :-) Yeah, I know...TMI!! I'm happy that your kitties are little lovers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home