Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baby teeth

I HATED the dentist when I was a child.

As a result, I began taking The Boy with me to my cleanings when he was very young so that he could see what it was all about, and not be afraid. We started having his teeth looked at and cleaned when he was three years old.

The Boy had a child's cleaning yesterday. At 6 1/2 years old, he still hasn't lost any baby teeth. I thought that was odd, but the dentist didn't think anything of it. Not that I mind - the gaping holes I don't mind so much, but the big teeth that come into those tiny mouths? There is no homelier time in a child's life. It seems to take forever for their faces to grow into those permanent teeth.

The Boy has perfect teeth. He has never had a cavity, and they are perfectly straight. I asked the dentist, with crossed fingers and toes, "Do you think his permanent teeth will be as beautiful as his baby teeth?"

"There are no guarantees," he replied.

Of course not.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Away2me (Deanna) said…

    I lost my baby teeth really late. No issues though. I did need braces but just for a short time. Hope your son won't need them at all!

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    One can always hope!!! I've always thought Miss G had the nicest teeth. She had her first appt earlier this year and he burst my bubble by informing me orthodontics were in her future because her teeth are crowded. Every month, I see it more and more. Sigh, he was right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home