Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sadness

I posted on facebook that I am very sad over the loss of a former student.

It's so difficult. I can't believe that 21 years have gone by since this little boy was in my third grade class. He was so sweet and funny - much like my own son.

He married his childhood sweetheart, and I am not even kidding when I tell you they liked each other in first grade. I remember them in my class together, a couple. Yes, even at nine years old. I left that school when they were in the sixth grade, so imagine my surprise when, years later, I learned that they married the summer they graduated from high school. Six years later they had a baby girl, then three years later, another baby girl - now aged five and two.

Last Saturday night he was at the bar. He got into a fight with a childhood friend, took off in a fit of anger, rolled his vehicle four times, was ejected from the truck and died at the scene.

This beautiful 30 year old wife buried her husband and the father of her children today.

She is due to have her third child any day.

I hope she finds the strength to carry on.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home