Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Beyond our control

A girl I remember from high school buried her 22 year old son today.


I know what to say to her - I am a mother, after all - the words come easily even though I can't begin to imagine how she feels.


But it's not supposed to happen that way - we don't expect to outlive our children - and I don't know how you'd move on with your life.

My heart aches for her.

The Boy arrived home safe and sound tonight. It felt like he was gone for a week instead of just one day. I was so happy and relieved to see him. I hugged him extra long and took in his smell and felt overjoyed to be this child's mother.

I know I can't protect him forever.

But I'll hold on for as long as I can.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home