Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Rookie

There is a hazing of sorts that happens when the hockey team reconvenes for the year. It's all pretty harmless - eating hot wings, shaving heads, etc.

This year, for the first time, we have a veteran player and a rookie player living in our house. I don't really like what I see. On the surface, it's all good. The two get along well in the house - as long as there are no other veteran players present. Then it's "get me this" or "I want to sit there so move".

One of the local parents cooks dinner for the team every Thursday night. Last night The Rookie didn't attend, stating that only the veterans were invited. I don't believe that. I think they were just being mean. I think if the mom knew that was the story, she'd be upset. I surely would! I expect her to ask me why Jason wasn't there, and I will tell her. (This is the same house where the party occurred two weeks ago - her 16 year old son did indeed tell her he had a party, but failed to include the part about the booze. I'd like to tell her that, too, but MFH cautioned me against it.)

I mentioned to The Boy last night that I hope things settle in soon and the players start treating each other with more respect.

He replied, "Mom, Jason needs to stand up for himself."

Wow.

I hope he remembers that when he is the rookie one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home