Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm glad he's not a shark

We noticed about six weeks ago that The Boy's permanent bottom teeth were coming in behind his baby set. The baby teeth were just barely loose and we decided to let nature take it's course. They did finally start to loosen, but because those permanent teeth were behind them, it didn't bother him. He didn't work them with his tongue as he would have otherwise.

I finally told him I thought we should consult the dentist to get them out. He took matters into his own hands....and pulled the teeth out last night.

He asked me in a very small, innocent voice if I believed in the Tooth Fairy. "But of course!!! If you don't believe, she won't come." He put the teeth in a special tooth bag, hid it at the edge of his pillow, and went to sleep.

I posed the question of Face.book as to what teeth are worth. Two teeth at once. And, as the lovely DD pointed out, his FIRST lost teeth.

This morning his teeth were replaced with a five dollar bill and a note from the Tooth Fairy that read,

"Dear *****, Congratulations on losing your first teeth!! These are perfect, and just the size I needed. Here is $5 for your beautiful teeth. Also, give your parents this coupon, which is good for five songs downloaded to your IPod - courtesy of me. Thank you! Tooth Fairy"

She's a lot more generous than she was when I was a kid.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this post.

    The tooth fairy wasn't generous at all to me, either. I lost my first tooth on vacation in Colombia. The tooth fairy left a 100 peso bill under the pillow, which was about ten cents at the time. I was screaming and carrying on about getting 100 dollars.

    All the subsequent teeth were only worth a quarter. Gypped.

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Yo-yo Mama said…

    OOOh, nice bonus with the I-pod. And really a lovely note. I think it was all perfect for the event.

    Now to save the teeth and the note...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home