Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, June 12, 2009

One man's junk is another man's treasure

We've been going through boxes all week, preparing for a garage sale.

Boxes, many of which haven't been opened since we packed them up and moved 2 years ago.

That's a clear sign that we accumulate a lot of crap that we don't really need - whether we buy it or it's gifted to us.

One such gift I received is a large and probably expensive Y.ankee candle. A purple one, scented with sage and lavender. While I like both of those smells independently, together not so much.

The Boy loves anything scented - air fresheners, candles, cologne, you name it.

He saw that sitting on the counter with a price dot on it. "You're selling that?" he asked, while taking the lid off and smelling it.

He ran into his room, counted out the appropriate change, plopped it on the counter and took the candle. "I'm buying it!" he exclaimed.

Then he took it into his room and promptly hid it.

I'll probably find it under his bed when I'm dragging him out to go to that doctor appointment next week.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home