Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Remember the irritated ear?

It's now a full blown infection - inner and outer.

MFH coached The Boy's baseball team again this year. One of the fathers is an ENT. We called him on Sunday regarding the bleeding ear (which by that time was just draining, but no longer bleeding) and he said to schedule an appointment on Monday. He, like my cousin, felt it was related to the tube, said it was most likely not an emergency, but please bring him in within the next week or so.

We made an appointment for Wednesday. That day was also a field trip to an Alpaca Ranch at camp, and we didn't want The Boy to miss that so we canceled and said we'd reschedule.

Tuesday night The Boy woke up screaming and crying. MFH sat upright with him all night in the recliner to relieve the pressure and allow him to sleep. (I know - isn't he fabulous?) Needless to say, we kept the appointment. His poor ear was red and sore to the touch. MFH took him to the doctor, who had to suction the ear out - which meant he had to touch it. It took MFH and the nurses to restrain The Boy, and MFH told me he has never heard screaming like he did in that room.

My poor baby.

MFH said, "I am so glad you weren't there. It broke my heart, but you wouldn't have been able to handle it."

He has three prescriptions, totalling $256.00. Ouch! I have great benefits, and for that I really have to thank whatever higher power you believe in.

Last night, The Boy was starting to feel better. He knows he is to return to the doctor next Tuesday for a follow up - and more suction. I told him that by then his ear probably won't be sore anymore and it won't hurt as badly.

He told me he's going to hide. Under his bed. Don't tell Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home