Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Because he needs another hole in his head

"Mom, one of the boys at school has his ear pierced."

"Really? And what do you think of that?"

"I think it's cool. I was thinking I could get my ear pierced, too."

"Well, that is totally up to you. It's your ear."

"Does it hurt much?" he asked.

"No, only for a minute. They use this little gun and shoot the earring right into your ear. Hey, I know. We have to pay for two holes anyway, so I could get my ear done with you at the same time! How's that?"

"Okay!"

I figured I'd just wait for him to bring it up again and he did - sooner than I expected. And now he wants to wait until he's in sixth grade.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are such a cool mom.

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    I'm not that crazy about boys with earrings, but I know if our boys want them, I'd have to be cool about it too. I mean their dad had an earring when he was in Jr. High and wore it until college and he turned out great. Plus I've been known to obtain piercings myself in both my navel and my nose.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home