Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I finally learned to say no

My old boss called me. The conversation began with "Are you still working for that square burger company?"

The gist of it is that he wants me to take a two week vacation and come to resort town to a) finish the year 2008 (I KNOW! THAT WAS MONTHS AGO!) and b) train current head bitch.

We conversed for the better part of my commute to an appointment and I got the finer points of what is going on. I gave him my take on what I feel is top priority and the direction in which I would move, and told him to have New Head Bitch email me with questions.

She did. I gave her my suggestions. Start here, look here, compare this, etc.

"I went to 'some stupid university' where I got 'some degree' and I know how to do this!" was basically the reply.

I replied and cc'd the boss - 'Clearly you have a better handle on the situation than I do. I don't see how I can help you."

She emailed me a few days later with an apology, explaining that Boss made her cry and was pissed that she made it sound like I didn't know what I was doing for the past 18 years, etc.

I don't know if she expected me to make her feel better or what.

I didn't even respond.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home