Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Oxymoron

I work in the beautiful downtown district in the city.

Unfortunately, the bus depot is also downtown. Not in my direct vicinity, but I suppose the vagrants just wander around having a look about town.

They have no qualms about walking up to people and asking for money.

Am I going to open my purse and take out my wallet? That makes me just a wee bit uncomfortable.

Back to the title, and the phrase "spare change".

There is no such thing.

All of my money is spoken for.

Just look at the gas gauge on my car.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Happy said…

    There's nothing like people who ask for money as you walk to and from work to a job you probably don't like very much but stick with because you need the money. Or, you offer to buy them something to eat instead of offering money and the person has no interest.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Spare change as an oxymoron -- I never would've thought of that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home