Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Loss

While I wasn't a member of the M.Jackson fan club, I do remember him performing as a child - seeing how we are ALMOST the same age. It's been interesting following his life on music television over the past week. He was a performer unlike any other.

I listened to his memorial via the internet today - well, watched probably more than I listened...and I cried at the end when his daughter spoke.

Kids are resilient. Time heals. But today her heart is broken at the loss of her father. She is much too young to know how that feels.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't watch it, but no child should have to know the sadness of burying the parent while still so young. When I heard about it I felt badly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home