Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Bring it on!

Because we haven't had enough crap for one summer......

Got a call just before 4 today to come and get The Boy from camp. He has head lice. Not full blown, just a few eggs.

I asked who he got it from. "He's the only one so far," she replied. I said, "Well, keep looking - he hasn't been around anyone but us and the kids at camp so that pretty much narrows it down."

Sure enough when I got there, he was sitting next to a girl with very dirty looking hair. I treated him immediately, and we went through his beautiful long hair with a fine toothed comb - literally. I think we got it all, but we'll keep checking and treat again in a week just in case. He's been in daycare situations all his life, and we've never had to deal with this.

Now I am itching all over!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's a bit shitty of them to say "he's the only one," isn't it?

    Now I'm itchy all over.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    I am so not looking forward to that crap.

    When I worked at the domestic violence shelter, kids/adults would often bring home lice or scabies from school or work. I would itch from the moment I walked in until I left. *knock wood* I never caught it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home