Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, September 03, 2010

Now I'm just annoyed

It's the last official weekend of summer.

The Boy's trip was canceled, and we didn't plan to go camping because of the trip. It's okay, though - we have plenty of work to do around home, and our hockey player just returned for the season.

My MIL bought supplies to finish the inside of the garage at their house since everyone was going to be here this weekend. Only now, everyone is not going to be here this weekend. So tomorrow my husband is going out there to do the job himself.

Some good friends of ours are having a pool party at their home.

The Boy and I will be attending without my fabulous husband, who will be spending this entire last weekend of summer doing not only the garage, but trying to find time to finish moving the fence to our property line before the farmer next to us sells his land along with a 14 foot wide strip of land that belongs to us but his fence is on it.

End of rant.

For now.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Yo-yo Mama said…

    How can the farmer sell his land w/o some kind of ....oh hell, I can't think of what it's called...where they come out and take measurements...?

    Plus, even if he did sell it, you would still own it. It's just that your new neighbors just might be pissed enough to sue your old neighbor. So if he decided to throw down his hammer and jump in the pool it won't be your loss.

    Sorry about the weekend plans. I'm just catching up now with the whole thing and I think it's bullshit.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Well-heeled mom said…

    I know what you mean, DD. That's what I asked my husband, too. We have a map so to speak of our place so we know the property lines, plus it's marked with pins. The farmer has had his barbed wire fence up for years and we put our chain link up next to his, not knowing his fence was on our property. So now we get to deal with the weeds and crap there next to our nice lawn...but that's another story. Now that the land is up for sale, we thought it would be best to move the fence before it sells. Is possession 9/10s of the law when the lines are plotted out in our favor? If he sold the whole farm would they even do measurements? I'm ignorant on this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home